Hump day Treadmill Treats
Yes, even the treadmill queen gets lazy
If you read my blog you know that I write it on the treadmill, yes while I am walking, pretty fast I might add, 5 days a week, hence the name Treadmill Treats.
I love the gym and have been coming since before it was popular, before women actually went to the gym, when it was truly a man’s domain.
I remember in high school me and Clara Snowden (she was a big black girl who sucked her thumb, yes even in high school, not that anyone ever had the guts to call her out about it! God, I miss her) We would go to the gym together in high school.
What a funny site me, little skinny white girl and big Clara lifting weights, with all the jocks. Even back then I had a passion for fitness.
So after blah, blah..years (fill in the blanks) of coming to the gym, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year sometimes I would like to sleep late, I would like to be able not to heard that alarm at 5 am!
Yes, some days I get lazy and don’t want to come.
But here’s the things that keep me motivated…
1. I like to eat… ok I didn’t say I am honest?…..for the most part I eat healthy but when I want that cheesecake, I am eating it!
2. I have heart disease on both sides of my family, my dad died at 45 and all of his siblings died young of heart disease. I even have cousins with heart problems, I am not going out that way!
3. The energy it gives me is unbelievable, after a workout I feel ready to face the world, I am awake and feel incredible through out the day.
4. I don’t look so bad in clothes..oh come on…we all want to look good especially at 50! Yes, I like to know I can still fit into my jeans from 25 years ago! I still have them and recently posted a picture in them! That is an accomplishment!
5. It clears my head and my soul, when I ride my bike and look at the ocean, when I swim and only hear my own breathing, when I am running and I have my music on, it takes me away…I am somewhere else, in touch with nature, my soul, I am in a zone..I think of nothing but being grateful I am able to do this and giving thanks.
6. I write this blog while here and I know I am blessed with many people who read it and they are expecting me to write it every day. Writing it while in bed defeats the whole Treadmill Treats theme.
Yes, there are some days I would like to throw the alarm clock when it goes off at 5 am but I can’t go back to sleep and not feel guilty, so even on lazy days I drag my ass out of bed and come.
So today my friends, I am here to tell you that you too can do this, if you choose to…ahh….there’s that word again, choose…you choose to be lazy or you choose to drag your lazy ass out of bed….the choice is yours.
Write down what you want to do it for, what are your reasons? And then choose to change your life!
“Be the change you want to see”
My new book The blessing in Disguise
Selling on my website:
And on Amazon.com
My weekly Youtube page, please subscribe:
Twitter: treadmill treats
Facebook :treadmill treats