Tgif Treadmill Treats
Tips for the online dater
This week I talked a lot about wishing I had someone in my life, but to find someone you first must kiss a lot of frogs…
so to speak. In today’s world it’s online dating, a truly scary thing to do after not dating for 24 years.
But I have done it as I am not going to find Mr Perfect for me knocking at my door. (Well my new neighbor is cute and single…) okay generally not knocking on my door.
I have some tips for all of the guys out there that are also new to this dating scene, very important tips from a women’s point of view.
1. Put up a picture
In my experience guys without pictures in this day and age are married period!
2. Put up more than one picture and a full body picture
Yes you can look really good in one picture, the right angle, the right light but in others you look like a completely different person. Body shots, sorry everyone has a type I like in shape guys, you don’t have to be Mr. Universe but you have to be able to see your toes. I am active, I want a active guy.
3. I don’t need to see pictures of what you looked liked 30 years ago, yes, you were a football star in high school, your not anymore, we all looked better then, let it go.
4. I don’t want to see pictures of your animals, if you happen to have a great picture of yourself holding your dog, fine but ten pictures of your dog, not so much, I am not dating your dog.
5. I am not interested in what you have.
No need to put up pictures of your motorcycle, boat, big house or fancy car, not impressed been there done that, money definitely does not make a man. (And then you have the nerve to call us gold diggers!)
6. Don’t lie about what you like and don’t like.
We eventually will meet and talk and you can’t keep up lies and why would you want to? Be you..
7. Catfishing…what is with that? Why pretend to be someone your not, for what reason? Get a life and stop messing with others.
8. Don’t say you want a relationship when all through your profile your talking about clubbing and sex, be real if your just looking to hook up, say it!
9. Be specific in what you want, do you want kids, what’s your deal breakers,smoking ect.. skinny, chunky, tall, short, so we know what your looking for and not waste time.
10. Say something about yourself, likes, hobbies, what your looking for. Men with a blank profile to me are blank men, boring…I know it’s not easy talking about yourself, ask a friend to help you, while your at it ask them to take pictures of you too!
Maybe my men readers will give me some tips on how we women can make our profiles better. I am always open to change…
So today my friends, it’s a new world out there, we must adapt to changing times and to do so we must be open to change.